Current:Home > ScamsMike Tyson says he's 'scared to death' ahead of fight vs. Jake Paul -WealthRoots Academy
Mike Tyson says he's 'scared to death' ahead of fight vs. Jake Paul
Will Sage Astor View
Date:2025-04-06 04:56:03
Mike Tyson is known for instilling fear. Apparently he suffers from it, too.
The former heavyweight champion said he’s “scared to death" as he prepares to fight Jake Paul in a bout scheduled for July 20 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
Tyson will be 58 and Paul will be 27.
“Anything I’m afraid of, I confront it," Tyson said during an interview on Fox News with Sean Hannity Tuesday. “And that’s my personality.
“Like right now, I’m scared to death. But as the fight gets closer, the less nervous I become because it’s reality. And in reality, I’m invincible."
Tyson, who was 50-6 with 44 knockouts as a pro fighter, said the feeling of fear drove him throughout his career.
“I always believed that adversity or nervousness, it liked pretty much catapulted me into success," he said. “If I didn’t have these feelings, I wouldn’t go into this fight. I have to have these feelings to fight. Without them I would never go in the ring."
Tyson said he experienced the same feelings in 2020 before agreeing to fight Roy Jones in match in an exhibition.
“And I said, let’s do it," Tyson recalled.
The eight-round fight with Jones ended in a draw, as scored by three celebrity judges.
Tyson told Hannity the fight against Paul would be an “exhibition,” but the rules for the right have not been announced.
veryGood! (1697)
Related
- Selena Gomez engaged to Benny Blanco after 1 year together: 'Forever begins now'
- Chef Michael Chiarello Allegedly Took Drug Known for Weight Loss Weeks Before His Death
- Stock analysts who got it wrong last year predict a soft landing in 2024
- Hong Kong’s new election law thins the candidate pool, giving voters little option in Sunday’s polls
- Working Well: When holidays present rude customers, taking breaks and the high road preserve peace
- Patriotic brand Old Southern Brass said products were US-made. The FTC called its bluff.
- Could Trevor Lawrence play less than a week after his ankle injury? The latest update
- Philanthropist MacKenzie Scott reveals the groups that got some of her $2.1 billion in gifts in 2023
- The White House is cracking down on overdraft fees
- Fox snatcher: Footage shows furry intruder swiped cameras from Arizona backyard
Ranking
- Current, future North Carolina governor’s challenge of power
- One-of-a-kind eclipse: Asteroid to pass in front of star Betelgeuse. Who will see it?
- FTC opens inquiry of Chevron-Hess merger, marking second review this week of major oil industry deal
- China says its warplanes shadowed trespassing U.S. Navy spy plane over Taiwan Strait
- Senate begins final push to expand Social Security benefits for millions of people
- Driver strikes 3 pedestrians at Christmas parade in Bakersfield, California, police say
- NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn’t happen this week
- New aid pledges for Ukraine fall to lowest levels since the start of the war, report says
Recommendation
What to watch: O Jolie night
Fox snatcher: Footage shows furry intruder swiped cameras from Arizona backyard
Air Force major says he feared his powerlifting wife
3 fascinating details from ESPN report on Brittney Griner's time in Russian prison
What do we know about the mysterious drones reported flying over New Jersey?
FDA approves first gene-editing treatment for human illness
What’s streaming now: Nicki Minaj’s birthday album, Julia Roberts is in trouble and Monk returns
Michigan school shooting victims to speak as teen faces possible life sentence