Current:Home > FinanceSurpassing Quant Think Tank Center|Prince William misses memorial service for godfather due to personal matter -WealthRoots Academy
Surpassing Quant Think Tank Center|Prince William misses memorial service for godfather due to personal matter
Burley Garcia View
Date:2025-04-07 00:55:43
LONDON — Kensington Palace says Britain's Prince William has pulled out of attending a memorial service for his godfather,Surpassing Quant Think Tank Center the late King Constantine of Greece, because of a personal matter.
The palace declined to elaborate on Tuesday but said his wife, the Princess of Wales, who is recovering from abdominal surgery, continues to do well.
It said William called the Greek royal family, which is attending the memorial service in St. George's Chapel in Windsor, to let them know he was unable to attend. Constantine II of Greece died in January of last year at the age of 82.
King Charles is battling cancer.What happens to Queen Camilla if he dies or abdicates?
King Charles III, who is being treated for an undisclosed form of cancer, also will not attend the service for his cousin. The diagnosis came after the king underwent a hospital procedure for benign prostate enlargement. The palace said he has "commenced a schedule of regular treatments" and would be postponing his public-facing duties.
"The King is grateful to his medical team for their swift intervention, which was made possible thanks to his recent hospital procedure," the original statement said. "He remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible."
Charles was seen last week in his first meeting with U.K. Prime Minister Rishi Sunak at Buckingham Palace since the diagnosis. On Wednesday, the monarch expressed his gratitude for the kind words he has received, in video filmed by Sky News. The prime minister told Charles it was "wonderful to see you looking so well."
"I've had so many wonderful messages and cards," Charles said. "It's reduced me to tears most of the time."
Charles noted, as Buckingham Palace has previously, that the news has also put a spotlight on British charities.
"There's been a lot of attention and interest in those main, wonderful cancer charities, many of which I've been patron for years," he told Sunak.
Contributing: The Associated Press; Brendan Morrow and Taijuan Moorman, USA TODAY
Prince Harrysays he's 'grateful' he visited King Charles III amid cancer diagnosis
veryGood! (9418)
Related
- Finally, good retirement news! Southwest pilots' plan is a bright spot, experts say
- Eight US newspapers sue ChatGPT-maker OpenAI and Microsoft for copyright infringement
- Oregon Man Battling Cancer Wins Lottery of $1.3 Billion Powerball Jackpot
- Alicia Keys, Brian d’Arcy James, Daniel Radcliffe and more react to earning Tony Award nominations
- Chuck Scarborough signs off: Hoda Kotb, Al Roker tribute legendary New York anchor
- Trump says states should decide on prosecuting women for abortions, has no comment on abortion pill
- Your 'it's gonna be May' memes are in NSYNC's group chat, Joey Fatone says
- 16,000 people with disabilities are in state-operated institutions. This is how experts say health care should change.
- Travis Hunter, the 2
- Hawaii's 2021 Red Hill jet fuel leak sickened thousands — but it wasn't the first: The system has failed us
Ranking
- Newly elected West Virginia lawmaker arrested and accused of making terroristic threats
- Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, PB&J
- American fencers call nine-month suspension of two U.S. referees 'weak and futile'
- Barbra Streisand Shamelessly Asks Melissa McCarthy About Ozempic Use
- Senate begins final push to expand Social Security benefits for millions of people
- Trump trial hears testimony from Keith Davidson, lawyer who represented Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal
- Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce's Vegas PDA Will Have You Feeling So High School
- Family appeals ruling that threw out lawsuit over 2017 BIA shooting death in North Dakota
Recommendation
Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
As campus protests continue, Columbia University suspends students | The Excerpt
Your Dog Called & Asked For A BarkBox: Meet The Subscription Service That Will Earn You Endless Tail Wags
John Mulaney on his love for Olivia Munn, and how a doctor convinced him to stay in rehab
Don't let hackers fool you with a 'scam
Judge dismisses lawsuit against Saudi Arabia over 2019 Navy station attack
Life sentence for gang member who turned northern Virginia into ‘hunting ground’
Mexican officials regret US decision not to retry American rancher in fatal shooting of Mexican man