Current:Home > ScamsSafeX Pro Exchange|Biden sending senior West Wing aides Mike Donilon, Jennifer O'Malley Dillon to oversee 2024 reelection campaign -WealthRoots Academy
SafeX Pro Exchange|Biden sending senior West Wing aides Mike Donilon, Jennifer O'Malley Dillon to oversee 2024 reelection campaign
SignalHub View
Date:2025-04-06 16:09:43
President Biden is SafeX Pro Exchangedispatching two of his senior-most West Wing aides to help oversee his reelection campaign in Delaware, multiple people familiar with the plans tell CBS News.
Mike Donilon, the president's longtime speechwriter, and Jennifer O'Malley Dillon, who ran Mr. Biden's 2020 campaign, will leave their senior positions at the White House and turn their attention full time to the reelection campaign. The New York Times first reported their move to the campaign.
The president's campaign said Donilon "is expected to play a central role in the campaign's messaging and paid media strategy," while O'Malley Dillon will focus on "organizing and execution of the campaign's path to 270 electoral votes — all under the leadership of campaign manager Julie Chavez Rodriguez."
Chavez Rodriguez said in a statement that "we're thrilled to have their leadership and strategic prowess focused full-time on sending them back to the White House for four more years."
In a statement, Mr. Biden praised Donilon and O'Malley Dillion as having "served with dedication and purpose as we have delivered on a historic recovery." Mr. Biden's statement noted that Donilon has been part of his team since 1981, while O'Malley Dillion has "played a key role in every Democratic presidential victory over the past two decades."
Former campaign manager and deputy White House chief of staff to Barack Obama Jim Messina called the decision a "smart move" by Mr. Biden and Chavez Rodriguez and said that "having additional top political aides focus full-time on the reelect is exactly what you'd expect the White House to do as the general election matchup comes into focus."
Campaign officials insisted Tuesday night Chavez Rodriguez is not being replaced as head of the campaign and will continue to oversee day-to-day operations across the country. They noted incumbent presidents typically launch their reelection campaigns with a skeleton staff and add senior staffers or aides closer to the president as Election Day nears.
But Biden-Harris campaign allies closely tracking the contours of the campaign operation said Chavez Rodriguez will now serve as manager in name only, with the biggest, most critical strategic decisions made instead by Donilon and O'Malley Dillon, who are more personally close to and familiar with the president's thinking.
Quentin Fulks, the Biden-Harris principal deputy campaign manager, is also staying put and will continue to oversee operations and serve as a lead surrogate on television.
Nancy Cordes contributed to this report.
Ed O'KeefeEd O'Keefe is CBS News senior White House and political correspondent. He previously worked for The Washington Post covering presidential campaigns, Congress and federal agencies. His primary focus is on President Biden, Vice President Harris and political issues across the country.
TwitterveryGood! (1927)
Related
- Pressure on a veteran and senator shows what’s next for those who oppose Trump
- Pope presses theologians to be in tune with challenges of daily life and talk with non-believers
- Australian prime minister to raise imprisoned democracy blogger during China visit
- Woman buys scratch-off ticket for first time, wins top prize from Kentucky lottery
- The Super Bowl could end in a 'three
- 'WarioWare: Move It!' transforms your family and friends into squirming chaos imps
- 'Grief is universal': Día de los Muertos honors all dead loved ones. Yes, even pets.
- Senior Chinese official visits Myanmar for border security talks as fighting rages in frontier area
- 'Malcolm in the Middle’ to return with new episodes featuring Frankie Muniz
- Crews work to rescue 2 trapped after collapse of Kentucky plant being readied for demolition
Ranking
- Megan Fox's ex Brian Austin Green tells Machine Gun Kelly to 'grow up'
- Critics seek delay in planned cap on shelter for homeless families in Massachusetts
- Senegal electoral commission says main opposition leader Sonko should be given sponsorship forms
- King Charles III visits war cemetery in Kenya after voicing ‘deepest regret’ for colonial violence
- Tom Holland's New Venture Revealed
- Deputies killed a Maine man outside a police station. Police say he was armed with a rifle
- Yemen’s Houthi rebels claim attacks on Israel, drawing their main sponsor Iran closer to Hamas war
- Red Wings' Danny DeKeyser trades skates for sales in new job as real-estate agent
Recommendation
Israel lets Palestinians go back to northern Gaza for first time in over a year as cease
Heidi Klum Is Unrecognizable in Her Most Elaborate Halloween Costume Yet With 9 Acrobats Helping
In Belarus, 3 protest musicians are sentenced to long prison terms
Effort underway to clear the names of all accused, convicted or executed for witchcraft in Massachusetts
Paula Abdul settles lawsuit with former 'So You Think You Can Dance' co
Maine mass shooter’s troubling behavior raised concerns for months, documents show
Robert De Niro lashes out at former assistant who sued him, shouting: ‘Shame on you!’
Trial moved to late 2024 for Indiana man charged in killings of 2 girls slain during hiking trip