Current:Home > StocksPhotographer alleges he was forced to watch Megan Thee Stallion have sex and was unfairly fired -WealthRoots Academy
Photographer alleges he was forced to watch Megan Thee Stallion have sex and was unfairly fired
PredictIQ View
Date:2025-04-06 23:59:12
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A photographer who worked for Megan Thee Stallion said in a lawsuit filed Tuesday that he was forced to watch her have sex, was unfairly fired soon after and was abused as her employee.
In the suit filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, Emilio Garcia said that after a night out in 2022 in Ibiza, Spain, he was in an SUV with the hip-hop star when she began having sex with another woman right next to him. He was unable to get out of the moving car, and would have been in the middle of nowhere in a foreign country even if he was able. Garcia was “embarrassed, mortified and offended throughout the whole ordeal,” according to the lawsuit.
Alex Spiro, Megan’s lawyer, said she would fight the lawsuit in court.
“This is an employment claim for money — with no sexual harassment claim filed and with salacious accusations to attempt to embarrass her,” Spiro said.
The next day Megan told Garcia never to discuss what he saw and berated and fat-shamed him, the lawsuit said. The complaint also said Garcia, who had already considered quitting because he was overworked and underpaid in a hostile work environment aggravated by Megan’s possessiveness and abusiveness, was misclassified as an independent contractor but treated as an exclusive employee.
Garcia raised those issues in the conversation with Megan, and was fired the following day after four years of working for her, the suit said. He has since filed a job discrimination complaint with the California Civil Rights Department.
The lawsuit, first reported by NBC News, names as defendants Megan, whose legal name is Megan Pete; her companies Megan Thee Stallion Entertainment and Hot Girl Touring; and her label, Roc Nation. A defense response has yet to be filed. There was no immediate response to an email seeking comment from a representative of Roc Nation.
Garcia is seeking financial damages to be determined at trial, alleging he has suffered severely both emotionally and physically because of his treatment on the job, the firing and having to witness the scene in the SUV.
Megan, 29, was previously involved in major legal drama — and underwent a torrent of online abuse — as the victim of a shooting by rapper Tory Lanez, who a jury found fired at her feet on a street in the Hollywood Hills in 2020. She testified at the trial where jurors convicted Lanez of three felonies and a judge sentenced him to 10 years in prison.
Already a major rising artist at the time of the shooting, Megan has since become one of hip-hop’s biggest stars. She won a Grammy for best new artist in 2021, and she had No. 1 singles with “Savage,” featuring Beyoncé, and as a guest on Cardi B’s “WAP.”
veryGood! (46877)
Related
- New Mexico governor seeks funding to recycle fracking water, expand preschool, treat mental health
- Los Chapitos Mexican cartel members sanctioned by U.S. Treasury for fentanyl trafficking
- At Paris Fashion Week ‘70s nostalgia meets futuristic flair amid dramatic twists
- Uber Eats will accept SNAP, EBT for grocery deliveries in 2024
- How to watch new prequel series 'Dexter: Original Sin': Premiere date, cast, streaming
- Azerbaijan says 192 of its troops were killed in last week’s offensive in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 'We are just ecstatic': Man credits granddaughter for helping him win $2 million from scratch off game
- John Legend, 'The Voice' 4-chair 'king,' beats Niall Horan in winning over Mara Justine with duet
- Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow owns a $3 million Batmobile Tumbler
- Kyle Richards Supports Mauricio Umansky at Dancing with the Stars Amid Relationship Speculation
Ranking
- Whoopi Goldberg is delightfully vile as Miss Hannigan in ‘Annie’ stage return
- Russell Brand allegations prompt U.K. police to open sex crimes investigation
- The Challenge: Battle for a New Champion Trailer Welcomes Back C.T. Tamburello and Other Legends
- Kyle Richards Supports Mauricio Umansky at Dancing with the Stars Amid Relationship Speculation
- Don't let hackers fool you with a 'scam
- GOP setback in DEI battle: Judge refuses to block grant program for Black women
- Philanthropist MacKenzie Scott gives Vermont housing trust $20M, largest donation in its history
- How to see the harvest supermoon
Recommendation
Realtor group picks top 10 housing hot spots for 2025: Did your city make the list?
Biden's dog, Commander, bites Secret Service staff again
There’s a new police superintendent in Chicago. The city council chose the ex-counterterrorism head
Bulgarian parliament approves additional weapons to Ukraine to aid in its war with Russia
FACT FOCUS: Inspector general’s Jan. 6 report misrepresented as proof of FBI setup
Christian Thielemann chosen to succeed Daniel Barenboim as music director of Berlin’s Staatsoper
Carbonara burgers and a ‘Spritz Bar’ truck highlight the Ryder Cup food court menu in Italy
Bipartisan Ohio commission unanimously approves new maps that favor Republican state legislators