Current:Home > NewsFastexy:Donald Glover Cancels Childish Gambino Tour Following Hospitalization -WealthRoots Academy
Fastexy:Donald Glover Cancels Childish Gambino Tour Following Hospitalization
SafeX Pro View
Date:2025-04-06 01:24:11
Donald Glover is Fastexyprioritizing his health.
The Community alum—who makes music under the stage name Childish Gambino—announced the cancellation of his New World Tour after sharing he was hospitalized in September for an undisclosed illness.
“After my show in New Orleans, I went to the hospital in Houston to make sure of an ailment that had become apparent,” the Atlanta star wrote in a post on X (formerly Twitter) Oct. 4. “After being assessed, it became clear I would not perform that night, and after more tests, I could not perform the rest of the US tour in the time asked.”
The “This Is America” rapper initially kicked off the tour in Oklahoma City on Aug. 11 before postponing the North American dates weeks later, citing his “physical health.” He was scheduled to return to the stage Oct. 31 in France as part of the tour’s European leg.
“As of now I have surgery scheduled and need time out to heal,” the Grammy winner, 41, continued. “My path to recovery is something I need to confront seriously. With that said, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the remainder of the North American tour and the UK and European dates.”
“I want nothing more than to bring this show to the fans and perform,” he concluded. “Until then, thanks for love, privacy, and support.”
The tour was first announced in May, ahead of the release of Bando Stone & the New World, Glover’s fifth and final album under the Childish Gambino moniker. Amid rumors he planned to retire the stage name, he told E! News in 2023 the alter ego wasn’t going anywhere.
“No, that was out in the ethos," he said at the time. “You don't have to worry about that. He'll be back. He's here right now.”
However, the Mr. & Mrs. Smith actor—who shares sons Legend, 7, Drake, 6, and Donald Glover III, 4, with wife Michelle White—seemingly changed his mind earlier this year, citing multiple factors in his decision including his family obligations, increasing film/TV commitments and the overall decline of album sales.
“It really was just like, ‘Oh, it’s done,’” he told the New York Times in July. “It’s not fulfilling. And I just felt like I didn’t need to build in this way anymore.”
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (3)
Related
- Sonya Massey's father decries possible release of former deputy charged with her death
- Forensic scientist Henry Lee defends work after being found liable for falsifying evidence
- Coastal Chinese city joins parts of Taiwan in shutting down schools and offices for Typhoon Doksuri
- Man pleads not guilty in fatal road rage shooting in Washington state
- New Mexico governor seeks funding to recycle fracking water, expand preschool, treat mental health
- A's, Giants fans band together with 'Sell the team' chant
- New Mexico lifts debt-based suspensions of driver’s licenses for 100,000 residents
- Damar Hamlin is at training camp months after cardiac arrest: A full go, Bills coach says
- See you latte: Starbucks plans to cut 30% of its menu
- The US is requiring more planes to have accessible restrooms, but change will take years
Ranking
- 'As foretold in the prophecy': Elon Musk and internet react as Tesla stock hits $420 all
- 4 dead, 2 injured in separate aviation incidents in Wisconsin: EAA
- Doctor's receptionist who stole more than $44,000 from unsuspecting patients arrested
- Urban beekeeping project works to restore honey bee populations with hives all over Washington, D.C.
- Mets have visions of grandeur, and a dynasty, with Juan Soto as major catalyst
- The US military integrated 75 years ago. It forever changed the way America works.
- Giants lock up LT Andrew Thomas with five-year, $117.5 million contract extension
- MBA 3: Accounting and the Last Supper
Recommendation
From family road trips to travel woes: Americans are navigating skyrocketing holiday costs
Mega Millions lottery jackpot nears $1B ahead of Friday drawing
How Travis Kelce's Attempt to Give Taylor Swift His Number Was Intercepted
Mother punched in face while she held her baby sues Los Angeles sheriff’s department
Juan Soto praise of Mets' future a tough sight for Yankees, but World Series goal remains
Manslaughter charges dropped against 7 Oklahoma police officers
Further federal probes into false Connecticut traffic stop data likely, public safety chief says
Facebook parent Meta posts higher profit, revenue for Q2 as advertising rebounds