Current:Home > 新闻中心Taylor Swift Cancels Austria Concerts After Confirmation of Planned Terrorist Attack -WealthRoots Academy
Taylor Swift Cancels Austria Concerts After Confirmation of Planned Terrorist Attack
Charles Langston View
Date:2025-04-07 04:52:21
Taylor Swift’s upcoming concerts in Austria were the target of an alleged terror plot.
Authorities in Vienna confirmed to NBC News Aug. 7 that two men have been arrested in connection to planned attacks on major events in the city, including the “Karma” singer’s upcoming Eras Tour shows on Aug. 8, Aug. 9, and Aug. 10, which have been canceled.
"Due to confirmation by government officials of a planned terrorist attack at the Ernst Happel Stadium," event organizer Barracuda Music wrote on Instagram Aug. 7, "we have no choice but to cancel the three planned shows for everyone's safety."
Swift's website also announced that all tickets for the three shows "will be automatically refunded within the next 10 business days."
One of the suspects taken into custody is a 19-year-old man who had allegedly pledged allegiance to the Salafi-jihadist group ISIS, Vienna State Police Director Franz Ruf and the head of the State Police Gerhard Purstl said during a press conference Aug. 7. The authorities also noted, per NBC News, another arrest was made later that afternoon.
Authorities explained that the arrested suspects had “detailed” plans to carry out an attack, and the 19-year-old had been found with chemical substances which authorities are currently trying to determine whether could be used to make a bomb.
E! News has reached out to reps for Swift regarding the arrests and cancelation, but has not yet heard back.
The arrest comes less than a month after an individual was arrested prior Swift’s concert in Gelsenkirchen, Germany, due to threats against Swift and her boyfriend Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce, both 34.
According to the Associated Press, a 34-year-old man had purchased a ticket for the Miss Americana star’s July 17 concert, but was arrested upon entry into the Veltins-Arena, following “tips from organizers of the event.”
And while Swift did not publicly address the previous arrest, she had spoken adamantly before about the precautions she has in place to keep her shows, fans and loved ones safe—calling any violence at her shows her “biggest fear” after the bombing at an Ariana Grande concert and shooting at the Route 91 Harvest music festival in 2017.
“I was completely terrified to go on tour this time because I didn’t know how we were going to keep 3 million fans safe over seven months,” she wrote in an essay for Elle in 2019. “There was a tremendous amount of planning, expense, and effort put into keeping my fans safe.”
(E! News and NBC News are both a part of NBCUniversal).
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (2)
Related
- SFO's new sensory room helps neurodivergent travelers fight flying jitters
- People are talking about Web3. Is it the Internet of the future or just a buzzword?
- Vanessa Hudgens Flashes Engagement Ring at Oscars 2023, Keeping Fiancé Cole Tucker Close to Heart
- You Can Scrap The Password For Your Microsoft Account And Sign In With An App
- Gen. Mark Milley's security detail and security clearance revoked, Pentagon says
- Gigi Hadid and Leonardo DiCaprio Reunite at 2023 Pre-Oscars Party
- A Judge Rules Apple Must Make It Easier To Shop Outside The App Store
- Facebook to delete users' facial-recognition data after privacy complaints
- Could your smelly farts help science?
- How Halle Berry and Jessica Chastain Replaced Will Smith for This Oscars 2023 Moment After 10-Year Ban
Ranking
- Friday the 13th luck? 13 past Mega Millions jackpot wins in December. See top 10 lottery prizes
- The creator of 'Stardew Valley' announces his spooky new game: 'Haunted Chocolatier'
- Cara Delevingne Has Her Own Angelina Jolie Leg Moment in Elie Saab on Oscars 2023 Red Carpet
- Colombia police director removed who spoke about using exorcisms to catch fugitives
- 'Malcolm in the Middle’ to return with new episodes featuring Frankie Muniz
- You can now ask Google to scrub images of minors from its search results
- Facebook whistleblower isn't protected from possible company retaliation, experts say
- Ex-Facebook manager alleges the social network fed the Capitol riot
Recommendation
The FBI should have done more to collect intelligence before the Capitol riot, watchdog finds
Elizabeth Holmes testifies about alleged sexual and emotional abuse at fraud trial
Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Pack on the PDA at Vanity Fair's 2023 Oscars After-Party
Facebook is rebranding as Meta — but the app you use will still be called Facebook
New data highlights 'achievement gap' for students in the US
The history and future of mRNA vaccine technology (encore)
States are investigating how Instagram recruits and affects children
4 takeaways from the Senate child safety hearing with YouTube, Snapchat and TikTok